Saturday 2 July 2016

A Winters Day

After a cold start this morning, today turned in to a typical sunny winters day. This morning we went to a local, annual trash and treasure market. We bought a new (to us) garden table, some extension rear view mirrors for the car, for when we are towing the caravan, a blue and white sandwich plate, with six matching square plates and a thirties style kitchen dresser. The dresser is double fronted with a curved top, green and white lead light in the top doors, two drawers, a tin lined bread cupboard and two bottom doors. There is wire mesh inserted at the bottom in the back. It is painted a pale cream with duck egg blue/green doors and drawers. I think I now need to keep away from ALL places where it is possible to spend money. Except for kitchen bench tops and splash backs! I need to decide if it going into the granny flat or the craft storeroom. I spent three hours sorting the storeroom and labelling boxes so that it's easier to find items and equipment, and then return them to their correct place after use. Just a few more months work required!...... I should be finished by Christmas! My middle daughter visited after she finished work and stayed to have home made pizza for dinner. I gave her some homemade chicken and veggie soup to take home so she doesn't have to worry about lunches at work for the next week. I have finished crocheting the five flowers for the top of a tea cosy I'm making. Two years ago today I flew out of Sydney, ALONE! for my very first overseas trip. I'd planned the complete, self drive tour around England and Wales, and a Quilting Cruise including England, Ireland, Scotland and France. I organised, travelled and drove myself for TEN weeks! It was quite an adventure for me. I visited my youngest daughter who is researching at Coventry University on a four year scholarship. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment