Sunday 19 March 2017

International Quilting Weekend

Well! Who knew that the weekend close to St Patrick's Day has been proclaimed by some as International Quilting Weekend? Well that's the best excuse I heard of yet! So, I finished Quilting a lap sized, scrap quilt made of four inch squares surrounded by two inch white sashing. I quilted it on the diagonal using white thread and a twin needle. The squares are all smalll prints in soft blues, pinks, yellows. greens and reds. I used two colour binding in white and yellow. I just need to join the binding and stitch it down. The two coloured binding is sewn onto the back, then folded over to the front to be machine stitched down. The second colour in the binding creates a flange effect. When stitched carefully, using monofilament thread, the stitching on the front is difficult to see. A line of stitching can be seen on the back of the quilt. I pin the binding carefully to make it as neat as possible. I cooked a yummy baked leg of lamb with roast potatoes, carrots and mixed steamed veggies with gravy! Yum! Tomorrow I'm going to help my daughter with baby Jay again. His new medication seems to have kicked in. He now only cries instead of screaming in pain. Hopefully he will be more comfortable, and we can attempt to get him to sleep in either his bassinet or cot. Cheers Emmbee! 💜

1 comment:

  1. Glad your bub is a bit better, Emmbee. Photos...we need photos of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete